The mission of the electrical engineering department is to provide quality education to the students of the department.
Statement of Goals
- To provide high quality instruction and intellectual stimulation for the students
- To provide opportunity for undergraduate students to participate in research pursued by faculty
- To instill in our graduates the need for life-long learning
- To enable graduate students to pursue high quality research so that they will emerge as future technological leaders and academics
- To establish strong partnerships and lasting relationships with industry, government, professional societies, alumni and academia
These goals are consistent with the University of Mississippi Vision, Mission, and Core Values Statement and the flagship 2020 goals of UM/2020 Strategic Plan which focuses resources in the areas of instruction, research, and service.